A Custom Command is a software button that performs a function, such a Momentary Unlock, Activating a Relay Output, or changing the Reader Mode. Follow the steps below to configure a Custom Command to change Reader Modes from Unlocked to Card or PIN.
- From the main menu click on Monitor and Control and then click on Custom Commands to access the module.
- On the top right corner, click on Configuration Mode to program your custom commands.
- Click on the drop-down menu and then click on + New Command Button to create a new custom command.
- Click on the newly created command to open the Edit menu. In the Edit menu window, put a valid description for your command button, followed by the Command to execute and the destination/Data. In our example, we will select the Reader Mode: Unlocked Command, and in the Data/Destination specify where the command will be executed.
- Click on the Save button to save the Custom Command in the system.
- For the second command, in our example, we will change the Reader Mode back to Card or PIN. Again from the drop-down menu click on + New Command Button to create the second command, and then click on the second command button to configure it.
- From the Edit menu window, enter a valid description, the command, in our case is going to be Reader Mode: Card or PIN and then the data/destination, which will be the same reader we used in Step 4. Finally, click on the Save button to save the second Custom Command in the system.
- After you have created your commands, click on Exit Configuration Mode and you will see the command buttons that you just created, from the Custom Commands page.
- To test out the commands, click on the Unlock Reader command button to unlock the reader and confirm that the transaction executed from Event Manager. Then click on the Lock Reader command button to change the reader mode back to Card or PIN.
NOTE: Please reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org if you need assistance configuring more complex custom commands.
Watch video tutorial here.