- All Collections
- Personnel Manager
- Visitor Management with EasyLobby
How it Works
- A Visitor is registered in EasyLobby.
- During the Visitor registration, the Registrar will input the Visitor information, including the access Card number and area/department of the person they are visiting.
- the Visitor is then marked as CheckedIn into EasyLobby and the Registrar issues the Visitor a temp access card (or token). This check-in process triggers the integration to insert this visitor record into UnityIS personnel database and automatically downloads the card/token for use on doors that was predefined for this Visitor.
- When the Visitor leaves for the day, the Registrar will Check Out the Visitor which triggers the integration to disable the card/token to prevent future access.
Configure EasyLobby Settings
- Login to the EasyLobby Station computer.
- In the EasyLobby SVM software, select Edit>Program Options.
- In the Program Options window, select the Customize Fields tab.
- Below the Customize Fields tab, select the first Visitor User Defined tab.
- Under First user defined tab section, change the Tab caption value to “Visitor Default Floor” and check the box Tab is visible. Check the box User Defined 1, change the Label Text value to ‘Select Visitor Floor’ and under Control Type, select ‘Combo’. Then click on the Edit Items button. Under First user defined tab section, uncheck the box Tab is visible.
- In the Edit Custom List window, click on the Insert button to enter a New Item. Then rename the ‘New Item’ to ‘Floor 1’ and click on the Insert button again to add another item. Repeat this for all the floors that is required for your Visitors. For the last item, create new item and call it ‘CheckedOut’. Once you are done, click OK to close this window.
- Back in the Program Options window, select the Visitor Fields tab. Scroll down the list until you see ‘Select Visitor Floor’ and make sure the Enabled and Required column is set to Yes.
- Click OK to close the Program Options window
- Back in the EasyLobby SVM program, launch the Visitor registration form by select Visitor>New Visitor.
- In the Visitor form, you should now see a tab called ‘Visitor Default Floor’ with a dropdown menu to select the floor. There’s also an asterisk (*) which makes this field a requirement when enrolling visitors.
Configure Visitor Access Levels in UnityIS Web
- Login to UnityIS Web
- In the left navigation go to Access Control>Access Levels
- In the Access Levels module, unlock the module and create your Visitor access levels for each of the different Visitor default readers and floors.
Configure Card Templates in UnityIS Web
- Navigate to UnityIS > Personnel Manager
- In the Command toolbar, unlock the module and click on the Group Edit button (between Trash can and Printer icon).
- In the Group Edit window, select the Card Template tab and click on the Plus (+) sign to add a new Template.
- Enter the template name and call it ‘Floor 1’ (*this value must be the same as the Custom List in Step 6 above). Check the User_Flag box and set that value to ‘1’. Scroll down to the Access Levels section. Check the box next to Access Levels for Controller Group 1. In the dropdown list, select the Access Level associated to Floor 1. Now repeat Steps 4 and 5 for the rest of the Visitor Default Floors.
- Add another Card Template and give it a name “CheckedOut”. Check the box called User_Flag and set the value to ‘0’. Scroll down to the Access Levels section and make sure no access Levels are checked. Save the template.
Configure an ODBC Connection to EasyLobby Database
- Login to the UnityIS Server.
- Launch odbcad32 from Start>Run line.
- Create a new System DSN and name it 'UnityIS-EasyLobby'.
- Connect to the EasyLobby database.
Configure Data Import Utility
- From the UnityIS Server Windows app, launch the Data Import Utility by selecting in Utilities>Data Import Utility.
- In Step 1:, set Type to be ODBC, DSN to be UnityIS-EasyLobby and Table to Visitor then click on the magnifying glass to Preview the data that will appear in Step 2. In Step 3, map the appropriate fields that will be imported to UnityIS.
- Next, click on the Begin Import button to test the import. Verify in UnityIS>Personnel Manager that the Visitor record from EasyLobby has been imported.
Did this answer your question?