Single Sign-On (SSO) is an authentication scheme that allows a user to log in with a single ID to any of several related, yet independent, software systems. True SSO allows the user to log in once and access services without re-entering authentication factors.
This article describes the steps to configure UnityIS to allow users access to UnityIS who have already logged in with their Microsoft account.
A Microsoft account is a free account you use to access many Microsoft devices and services and can be used to access UnityIS.
Steps to Configure SSO
- Navigate to 'Personnel Manager'.
- Select the Personnel Record that will be associated with a UnityIS Operator account.
- In the 'Email' field, enter the Microsoft email account for the Operator.
- Associate the Personnel Record to a UnityIS Operator by doing the following:
- Click on the 'Advanced' tab.
- From the 'Operator' dropdown menu select the UnityIS Operator account that will be linked to this Personnel Record.
- (If the UnityIS Operator account has not been created, create the Operator then return to the record and proceed)
- Click the 'Save' button.
- The Operator can now log in by selecting the 'Microsoft' button:
- A Microsoft login window will open, enter the Operator email address and click the 'Next' button:
- Enter the password for the email account and then click the 'Sign in' button
- During the first login, users must give 'imron.com' permission to read their Microsoft Profile. Click 'Yes' to continue.
- The Operator will be asked if they want to stay signed in. This is at the user's discretion, but if this is a shared computer we highly recommend selecting 'No'.